Welcome to the end of the world!
Creepers, spiders, skeletons and of course lots and lots of zombies roam this wasteland. This map is a custom-generated decaying metropolis, with every structure designed by hand, unlike most generic Minecraft worlds. Inside every building you will find treasure and gear to keep you alive but also many dangers.
The gameplay is quite simple. Survive on your own terms with your own set of morals. Kill others to live, or join up with other survivors to form communal groups for protection from the undead hordes and other players.
Visit the official subreddit for community discussion http://www.reddit.com/r/vaast and make sure you’ve registered an account here with your minecraft username so we can keep in touch about future updates.
We also chat on Discord (NSFW): https://discord.gg/URc2PVb
MINECRAFT SERVERS (1.11.2)
Season 10 Changelog
- Map size will be 10000×10000 blocks. That’s 100km2 in minecraft!
- It’s all on one server, now!
- New buildings.
- New mobs.
Season 9 Changelog
- Map size will be 6000×6000 blocks. That’s 36km2 in minecraft!
- Thanks to the all new ‘Metropolis’ Generator and the masterminds behind it, Generator now does clever city planning instead of randomly placing buildings everywhere. (industrial, residential, high-rise, and more zones are a thing now)
- 500+ new schematics from our badass architect team. Massive variety, skyscrapers down to city parks and everything in-between. Huge amount of unique interiors to explore. (And we don’t plan to stop building yet.)
- New “nature reserves” included in the city grid
- Improved sewers below the streets.
- Basic subway system below highways.
- Most wooden doors in buildings are initially open now. A lot less door banging, and easier for mobs to get to you.
- Massively improved building decay.
- Due to the nature and state of the new Generator, there will be no oceans on the whole world. In fact, there are no vanilla biomes nor vanilla terrain at all. You’ll need to loot to survive.
- Difficulty/reward scaling. The harder the build/area the better are your chances for good loot
- Increased mob difficulty beyond the vanilla “hard” setting
- A completely new & complex hostile mob spawning system to ensure better performance. We don’t rely on spawners anymore.
- Added a lot of mob variations such as Atomic Creepers and Invisible spiders (you can see their eyes)
- Reworked the infection feature. Now less annoying but still deadly in certain situations. Also harder to cure
- Food is harder to get. Overall aim is to make food the most valuable goods in the game
- Agriculture nerfed. Farming needs good conditions to yield a good amount of food
- You can now run out of seeds. Even with good conditions.
- XP Grinders nerfed. A lot less mob spawners and not as clustered.
- Mobs give less XP
- Opening loot chests reward you with XP
- Ore distribution nerfed. A lot less ores now. You are better off looting buildings than mining
- Custom communication plugin for ranged chat
- Cellphones are now only found in loot chests. (Can’t be crafted anymore)
- Improved the way how cellphones work. (Conference calls, call waiting, no more connection breaking)
- Nerfed yelling range
- New RadioTower plugin, can be activated and deactivated with redstone
- Celltowers are in development
- Cellphones don’t break in water anymore
- Completely reworked loot chests. There is a complex system behind the loot tables now. Randomized but contextual to urban zone and difficulty
- Nearly everything can be found in loot chests now. Even “god gear”
- Added special items in four categories: Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, Narcotics. All with unique stats/functions.
- Certain types of buildings have better chances for certain kinds of loot. (IE: A factory building has better chances to provide redstone related items, hospitals have better chances for narcotics etc.)
- Weapons, Tools and Armor can spawn in any condition
- Withers can’t be made by players anymore.
- Withers will be part of events or special locations.
- Fire Spread disabled. Still possible to burn items or single blocks, but fire won’t spread over to other blocks.
- TNT & Gunpowder will be a lot harder to obtain.
- Playerhider — players are automatically shown as sneaking after a certain distance or when they are behind something, so now you’ll never see a nametag through stuff anymore. No more going around finding underground bases but no more sneaking in your own base, too.
- Realistic Chat and Cellphones
- Chat is limited by range, you can whisper by adding parentheses, yell by adding these !!!! (try different amounts) or just talk normally. If you are lucky you might even find a phone. Using a phone is easy, just say the name of the person you want to talk to (while holding the phone) and if they have a phone it will ring. You can even have conference calls with up to 10 people (only the caller can add additional people). Also the issue with interrupting calls is fixed.
- Another item you will encounter are radios. Radios can pick up on radio broadcasts sent out by radio towers. If they’re strong enough you can even hone in on them. Radio Towers
- You’re probably wondering how to build a radio tower so you can spam the aether. Well, just put a redstone torch on the side an obsidian block, slap a sign with a message on another side and pile iron bars on top of it until you reach your desired signal strength (there is a minimum of 5 ironbars above the obsidian block). Turning off the torch turns off the signal(as example with a lever).
- Since the gameplay dynamics are more complex we decided that we need some kind of way to introduce new players to the server. We decided that a lobby, how most servers do it, doesn’t fit ours. So we came up with something we think will work great and not overload new players with information. Most features will be explained as you play on. For example, you find a cellphone in a building — the lore of the item itself will contain information about what exactly it is and how to use it.
- The /help function in game is still in process.
- For further info check out the help page.
This is Beta
- Beta means things are still in progress.
mightwill be issues.
- Please bring them to our attention by opening new issues, and add your comments to other peoples issues. You can even vote on stuff you agree with!
- This map will get “wiped” for the official season launch. You will lose your creations and stuff, so might as well explore as far as possible now!